Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Picking the right vintage fit for a full figure girl

I'm a full figure girl who wants to incorporate looks from the 40s, 50s, and 60s into my wardrobe. This blog will be the record of my journey from dressing in the typical 2012 plus sized clothes (very loose & un-fitted) to a more stylish figure flattering wardrobe.

I thought that one of the first things I would do was to search the 'net' to find any insights on what is the best type of clothing for my figure. I found a wonderful website that focus' on vintage inspired clothing. The Shabby Apple is a great place to start if you're wondering what might look best on your body time. They have a 3 question survey that you can take that will determine what your body type is and what kind of design would look best on you. After answering the questions, my body type was determined to be an "APPLE" which is exactly me. Here's the diagram of an "APPLE"

Lovely limbs. You have thinner legs and arms, accompanied by fullness through the ribs and stomach.
Style icon: Catherine Zeta-Jones
Style tips: Look for clothing that accentuates your legs and arms. Loose-fitting waists, empire waists, short sleeves and knee-length skirts are best for you.

With this information at hand, it's time for me to start looking for the most flattering vintage type styles for my body. Please join me on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...